One of the most widely performed cosmetic procedures globally is the ‘breast lift’ or ‘mastopexy’. Some women feel unhappy with the appearance of their breasts and may like to undergo a breast lift in order to achieve a more attractive overall appearance.
Dr. Duerr explains that a breast lift surgery is helpful in raising the level of the breasts with the removal of excess skin. It also tightens the tissue around the breasts so as to support and reshape the new contour. Women typically seek the guidance of a cosmetic surgeon to get a breast lift if they have:
- Uneven and sagging breasts
- Stretched areolas
- Drooping nipples
- Reduced breast volume
- When there is excessive or insufficient breast volume, your surgeon may recommend a breast reduction or breast augmentation procedure alongside a breast lift.
COMMON REASONS FOR BREAST LIFT
A lot of women tend to lose the original, more youthful shape and appearance of their breasts due to various reasons. These include:
- PREGNANCY It isn’t uncommon for pregnancy to result in certain unwanted changes in your breasts. You might find that your breasts are sagging or seem excessively stretched after childbirth and/or breastfeeding. The breast lift procedure is helpful in repairing these changes in a safe and efficient manner. You can enjoy a more youthful and aesthetically attractive appearance after your breast lift surgery.
- EXTREME WEIGHT LOSS One of the most undesirable effects of weight loss is the loss of breast volume. But a breast lift surgery can resolve this problem and give you more youthful and proportionate looking breasts by eliminating excessive skin.
- NATURALLY DROOPING BREASTS These days you can also find a category of mastopexy candidates who have naturally drooping breasts, i.e. since the time they hit puberty. Thanks to a breast lift, these women can improve their overall breast profile and get the perky and youthful breasts they always wanted.
Unlike many other routine cosmetic procedures, a breast lift surgery is a very personal experience. Hence, Dr. Duerr believes that it is important for a patient to communicate with him during the initial appointment and ask as many questions as they want regarding the surgery. This will greatly help in putting them at ease and make them more comfortable about the entire procedure. A good surgeon will always listen carefully to make a note of your personal goals and customize the treatment accordingly.
During the initial medical consultation, Dr. Duerr will assess the elasticity of your skin as well as the original placement of the breasts. He will assess the extent of drooping and nipple position as compared to the remaining breast tissue. This examination will allow him to decide the amount of lift that is required for that particular patient.
Breast lift procedures are typically performed under the effect of intravenous sedation or general anesthesia in a well-equipped surgical facility or a hospital.
To support recovery from a breast lift surgery, the surgeon will apply bandages or dressings to your incisions once the surgery is concluded. Most patients are advised to adorn a support bra or an elasticated bandage for reducing swelling. This also helps in supporting the breasts during the healing process.
The surgeon may also insert a small, temporary sleek tube under your skin in order to drain all excess fluid or blood accumulated. You might be given certain instructions to aid recovery.
These could include the following:
- Tips to take care of the breasts after surgery
-Follow-up appointments with the plastic surgeon
-Prescribed medications that need to be applied or taken orally in order prevent infection risk and support healing
-Specific things to take care of with regards to incisions or general health
It is important to ask any specific questions that you might have with regards to your individual recovery period.
You will learn about numerous women combining a breast lift surgery with a breast augmentation procedure (implant-based) as it helps in elevating and enlarging the breasts in one go. Regardless of your specific goals, always choose a credible and experienced cosmetic surgeon who can customize the breast lift procedure to suit your individual needs.
Copyright © 2022 Gulf Coast Cosmetic Surgery | All Rights Reserved.
The Cosmetic Surgery Center at Doctors Memorial Hospital | 2600 Hospital Drive, Bonifay, Florida 32421